Sunday, January 4, 2009

To Walk These Hallowed Grounds


It seems to just get better and better. My whim travel to Chicago lead me to South Bend In. Because of winter vacation, I had free run of Notre Dame University. I literally wandered the Edmund P. Joyce Athletic Center for an hour. I found my way to the Hall of Fame where they keep their trophies. Heisman Trophies in the same hall as a tribute to the late Ryan Shay. It was dark and silent. I felt I was in a Hall of Heroes. From behind me I heard the dull thud of a basketball. Interested, I went to investigate and found myself in the basketball arena with the starting point guards brother. It was a pretty impressive feeling to stand center court. And that was only the beginning of my day at Notre Dame. Walking the campus, seeing the church and the prayer grotto. It was an impressive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment