Sunday, January 11, 2009

The North


My northern section is complete. I ran my second half marathon yesterday in Fairmont, WV. It was 34 degrees and raining. I went out to hard and struggled through the last 3 miles but improved my time to 1:31:30. My drive south was harder then the half. It poured through West Virginia and got dark quick. My legs were cramped and I was tired. Upon reaching Virginia I stopped for gas and a quick stretch. To my surprise, the rains had receded and the temperature had risen to 50. Thank you lord. Winter is gone. This is what I've been waiting patiently for.
To this point (10 days):
I have raised around 2100 dollars.
I have driven 2900 miles through snow, freezing rain, down pours and sunshine.
I have run 65.8 miles to average 6.6 miles per day.
I ran a 1:45:33 in Albany NY and a 1:31:30 in Fairmont WV.

No comments:

Post a Comment