Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Big Easy


Sorry y'all for the delay...my travels have left me without the internet. Thanks for being patient.
The Mardi Gras Half Marathon went without a hitch. Or almost did. The race started out nicely. An even pace up Bourbon Street. Now, a new feature to NO, they wash the streets each morning. This made the road slick and did not do anything to ease the smell from the previous nights party. Leaving the downtown area, I ran at ease until mile seven. A three minute port-a-let visit cost me some time but no worries. I finished the race at what felt a comfortable pace. Never really pushing. I placed 65th in 1:29:14. Had I not stopped, I would have finished around 45th place. The post race party was fantastic. On to North Louisiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment